Fast Facts About Encinitas, CA
What to know about living in Encinitas.
- Carlsbad: 16min
- Dana Point: 40mins
- Chula Vista: 34mins
- San Diego – 28mins
- Individual: $72,577
- Household: $132,276
County: San Diego
Type of location: City
Why is Encinitas a Nice Place to Live?
Encinitas is a gorgeous beach city 25 miles north of San Diego. Listed among the 20 best surf towns in the world by National Geographic, Encinitas boasts a vibrant surf history. Located along six miles of Pacific Ocean coastline, Encinitas is home to a rich surf culture that attracts both residents and visitors alike. Those living in Encinitas love the quick access to family-friendly activities in and around San Diego.
Encinitas offers high-quality public schools within the Encinitas Union School District. Its mission is to assist its children to value learning and to be successful in school, society and work by providing a challenging and nurturing learning experience.
What is Encinitas Known For?
Encinitas is known for being incredibly popular within the surfing community. The city is along the coastline and six miles of Highway 101, which gives living in Encinitas amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. In addition, Encinitas offers delicious eateries, trendy shopping, and family-friendly coffee shops.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Encinitas?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Encinitas with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- The Crack Shack – Encinitas, a fun spot for chicken & egg dishes with stylish outdoor seating, a full bar & bocce court.
- Union Kitchen and Tap, a rotating menu of craft beers paired with New American small plates in a modern-yet-rustic setting.
- Fish 101 Leucadia, a husband & wife chef duo prepare sustainably-caught local fish in Californian cuisine fashion.
- Lobster West, a seafood sandwich specialist serving casual fare plus beer & wine in easygoing surroundings.
- Le Papagayo, a cozy, upscale restaurant serving Mediterranean & Latin fusion fare including paella & kalua pork.